Author Name: HP Mallory
Genre: paranormal romance/ urban fantasy
Title of Works: The Jolie Wilkins Series and the Dulcie O’Neil Series
Buy your work(s) at: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart
Publisher: Random House
A little bit about yourself:
1. Tell me a little bit about your newest project:
I actually just finished the fourth book in my Dulcie O’Neil series, about a fairy in law enforcement. This book finds Dulcie in a tough position when she’s basically made a deal with the devil!
2. Describe yourself as a writer:
I try to write for about 4-5 hours per day and then I also try to spend as much time as I can interacting with my readers on Facebook and through email. I would say as a writer, I’m very organized and disciplined to make sure I get my chapters finished on time! LOL
3. Are there any reoccurring themes in your books?
Sometimes I do. Either things that happened to me or things that I might dream about. Not very often but occasionally.
5. Were there ever times that you wanted to quit writing? If so how did you overcome that?
No never. I’m thrilled to be doing what I do. I love it.
6. Do you listen to anything while you write? If so what bands influence you to write?
Sometimes I do. For my last book, I listened to the album, Ten, by Pearl Jam and one of the songs actually made it into my book.
7. Do you use an outline for your books and does it help?
Yes usually. It definitely helps to keep me on track!
8. Is there an author that has influenced your style of writing?
Not really. It took me a few years to really hone my own style.
9. Do you think that social media has helped with book sales for small or indie publishers?
Absolutely 100%. It’s the most important aspect for the self published author. I actually wrote a book about my own self pubbing journey, outlining all my social media tips and tricks. It’s called: Quit Your Day Job.
10. Is there a particular family member that has helped along the way?
My mother always reads my books and gives me feedback before I release them!
11. Do you have any advice or things you’ve learned along the way to help future writers?
Never give up. That’s the biggest one. And if something isn’t working, find a way around it!
12. What do you wish to accomplish with your writing?
I would really love to become a household name in paranormal romance.
13. Do you have any upcoming projects you would like to share?
I’m going to be starting the 5th book in the Dulcie O’Neil series as well as the first book in a spinoff series from Jolie Wilkins.
14. If you could have an author co-write with you, who would it be?
Karen Marie Moning.
H.P. Mallory is the USA Today Bestselling Author of The Jolie Wilkins Series and The Dulcie O’Neil Series.